You can do this from Wednesday, 12 July 12:00 to Wednesday, 19 July 12:00. Refund payment will be done after this timeframe. Deposits will be executed approximately 10 working days after the refund link is closed.
- free shells and loge shells are non-refundable
- shells that have been added to your wristband just by bringing in cups that exceed the initial number of cups by 5 that have been used by yourself (according to your orders) will not be refunded
- a refund is only possible when there are more than 2 shells on your wristband due to transaction cost of 2 shells
Ostend Beach is a cashless festival, TOP UP your ticket HERE in advance and get Free Shells!
Register your ticket online and ‘top up’ by loading prepaid ‘Shells’ into your cashless account before you arrive – this will save you loads of time at the event, so you can go straight to partying! You can also add more funds to your account at a physical Top-up Station located throughout the event or through your wristband.
Once your account is topped-up, you’re ready to make purchases onsite by simply tapping your wristband to one of the payment points at the vendor stands. The amount will automatically be deducted from your account – it’s quick and easy! After the festival, we will refund the remaining "Shells”!
REUSABLE CUPS & INTRODUCTION ECO FEE SYSTEM
We are once again taking a number of major steps towards a more sustainable festival. We do this so that our festival can continue to exist in harmony with the splendor of its surroundings for decades to come.
In addition to many own initiatives, more and more rules are being imposed by the government in this context. For example, from June 15, events and festivals are obliged to work with reusable cups and PET bottles and cans must be recycled for 95%.
In order to meet these legal requirements, an 'eco fee system' will be used from this edition, or simply put: a deposit.
This system applies to the entire festival site and applies to all drinks ordered at the bars. We are not yet applying the system at the campsite this year, but we are focusing on raising awareness and other recycling campaigns.
How does our eco-fee system work? Very simple:
1) When purchasing a drink you pay an eco-fee (deposit) of 0,5 SHELL extra on each drink you order. For example, if you order 3 drinks, you also pay 3x the eco-fee.
2) Finished a drink? Then you have 2 options:
- New drink? Hand in your cup, PET bottle or can at the bar with your next order. The items you return will then be immediately deducted from your new order.
- Short break? Hand in your cup, PET bottle or can at the bar. We will then put the eco-fee of 0,5 SHELL per item on your festival wristband again. So you don't have to keep walking around with empty cups, bottles or cans.
To prevent fraud, you can return a maximum of 10 items more than the items you have already ordered throughout the festival day(s).
Ostend Beach 2023 will be using RFID-enabled wristbands and cashless payment technology to enhance your festival-going experience! You can upgrade your ticket and this will be exchanged to your personal wristband at the entrance. It will also be used as your digital wallet to make purchases at the festival – all with a simple tap of your wristband!
This means you don’t have to worry about walking around the festival with your wallet or fumbling for change; instead, enjoy fast, convenient and secure transactions at all food vendors, bars and merchandise tents on-site using your high-tech, RFID-enabled wristband. Cashless is the only method of payment accepted on-site using ‘Shells’ as the official currency of Ostend Beach.
Payconiq by Bancontact
PUT CREDITS IN YOUR WRISTBAND WITH PAYCONIQ BY BANCONTACT
As you probably know we are a cashless festival, that means you will get a wristband with a chip on it. On this chip you’ll have to load up money to be able to buy drinks and food. For a perfect Ostend Beach experience you should consider putting credits on your personal account before the festival weekend.
NO QUEUING AT THE FESTIVAL
Thanks to the Payconiq by Bancontact app you will be able to scan the QR code that’s on your wristband’s chip and directly (send money) add credits on it. No time lost queuing in line to recharge your wristband and way more time to spend on the dance floor!
Install the Payconiq by Bancontact app in advance !