• On Friday & Saturday:
The check-in to enter the festival site is open until 23h00.
Access will be denied after 23h00, even if you have a valid bracelet or ticket.
• On Sunday:
The check-in to enter the festival site is open until 22h00.
Access will be denied after 22h00, even if you have a valid bracelet or ticket.
Ostend Beach conduct an absolute zero tolerance policy with regard to drugs.
If you need to take prescribed medication due to health problems, you need to be in possession of a valid medical certificate. Only with a valid medical certificate, you are allowed to take these medications with you.
The possession, sale and/or use of any illegal or illicit drugs at the Event will not be tolerated anywhere inside or outside the Festival venue. Undercover police officers will be staffed to enforce all drug violations. We will provide an amnesty box at the entrance of the Event and we encourage all attendees to “turn in, no questions asked” any illegal or illicit drugs and/or substances prior to entering the Event. If you SEE SOMETHING-SAY SOMETHING. If you observe any attendee using, selling, distributing and/or in the possession of any illegal or illicit drugs and/or substances, immediately notify a police officer, security personnel or your supervisor. Be proactive and make a difference.
Ostend Beach puts in a great effort to make the festival accessible to visitors with disabilities. Do you have a disability and are you facing any problems where you can’t find a solution? Would you just like some more information about this issue? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
However, as we are on a sandy underground, it is difficult to enter the festival with a wheelchair.
There is a testing village next to our entrance (Zeeheldenplein) to take a RAPID ANTIGEN TEST.
The cost of this test is € 10 and with a negative result on Friday you can enter the festival on Friday & Saturday. With a negative result on Saturday you can enter the festival on Saturday and Sunday. With a negative result on Sunday you can enter on Sunday.
The Ostend Beach festival organisation respects all obligations, guidelines and recommendations of the authorities. They can change at any time in the run-up to or during the festival. Such changes and the possible consequences of changed obligations, guidelines and recommendations of the authorities over which we have no control, do not entitle the holder to cancellation, compensation or reimbursement.
Obligations, guidelines and recommendations of the authorities:
To enter the corona-free festival area, the visitor must comply with one of the following 3 rules:
1. The visitor must be in possession of a vaccination certificate (2 doses + 14 days incubation period or 1 dose Johnson & Johnson + 14 days incubation period). OR
2. One must be in possession of a negative PCR test valid for 48 hours or a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) valid for 24 hours that can be taken at a testing village, a vaccination center and at the doctor’s office or pharmacy. The organization of the festival advises its visitors to have a negative test result before making their way to the festival grounds. OR
3. One must be in possession of a recovery certificate with a validity period that starts 10 days after the date of the first positive PCR test and ends 180 days after the date of that first positive test.
The costs of obtaining certificates and/or tests shall be borne entirely by the festival-goer and may never be recovered in part or in full from the Ostend Beach Festival organisation.
Inability or unwillingness to present a valid, officially recognised (digital) certificate, as specified above, does not entitle the holder to cancellation, compensation or reimbursement, regardless of whether they are in possession of a valid entry ticket.
It is each individual visitor's responsibility to know and comply with the most recent and applicable rules, regulations and guidelines concerning the festival and camping visit at all times, as well as to check them on the festival's official website before each entry to the festival: www.ostendbeach.be
By agreeing to the General Terms and Conditions, you, as a consumer, explicitly and unconditionally declare that you have taken note of and agree with this information about the Covid measures.
In the case of cancellation of the event, the ticket price, excluding service and administration fees, will be refunded to the person or company that issued the order.
A ministerial decree of 14 September 2020 extented by the ministerial decree of 12 May 2021 suspends the mandatory refund of tickets until 1 October 2021 and allows the issue of a voucher equal to the amount paid.
To be admitted to Ostend Beach Festival 2021 you will not only need an entrance ticket but also a valid Covid certificate:
Visitor from Belgium
Belgian residents must present a Covid Safe Ticket. This ticket is available via the CovidSafeBE app. Or you can go to www.mijngezondheid.be to download a vaccination certificate or have it sent via regular mail.
Visitors from abroad
Non-Belgian residents must submit a European Digital Covid Certificate. When the certificate is scanned a green (access) or red (no access) code is displayed.
The certificate contains a standardised QR code that works for all EU residents (+ Iceland, Norway and Switzerland). Test certificates also display the validity of the certificate.
ATTENTION: AT THE FESTIVAL ENTRANCE YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PRESENT PROOF OF IDENTITY, AN OFFICIAL ID CARD OR PASSPORT.
GREEN = ACCESS TO THE FESTIVAL
Visitors get a green screen if:
They are fully vaccinated + 2 weeks.
They can present a negative PCR test administered no longer than 48 hours before the event date or a negative rapid antigen test administered no longer than 24 hours before the event date.
They are in possession of a recovery certificate with a validity from 10 days after the date of the first positive PCR test until 180 days after that test.
Only after a visitor has received his or her Covid Safe wristband will they be in the Covid Safe Zone. This means that distance rules and wearing a mouth mask are no longer necessary.
RED = NO ACCESS TO THE FESTIVAL
Visitors get a red screen if:
The vaccination date is too recent (less than 14 days ago)
The test certificate has expired
Visitors for whom scanning the Covid certificate does not give access to the event can take a test on site.
Only a negative test grants access to the event and only AFTER a valid certificate has been issued. A certain amount of time may elapse between the test and the availability of a certificate, depending on how fast the results are registered so we advise to arrive with a valid negative test to avoid any lines.
Your certificate will be scanned at the entrance without us having access to your health data. Moreover, no visitor data is saved on the scanning devices.
FOR A MULTI-DAY VISIT TO THE FESTIVAL
If you are admitted on the basis of a valid Covid certificate: You have access to the festival grounds as long your certificate is valid. If the certificate expires in the course of the day (e.g. at 10 a.m. in the morning) then you can remain on the festival grounds until midnight.
If you are admitted on the basis of a PCR test: Then you must get tested again every 2 days. You can take a rapid antigen test on site on the second day, no need to do a PCR test again.
WHAT IF YOU TEST POSITIVE?
Visitors who test positive will be asked to leave the site and quarantine as safely as possible.
If you test positive for Covid, your will exceptionally be albe to ask for a refund or for a voucher that will be valid for our 2022 edition upon presentation of your positive test result.
WHAT IF YOU ARE REFUSED ACCESS?
Please note this is a possibility! Visitors who have a valid ticket but who have not yet been vaccinated and refuse to take a test will not be admitted.
Ticket holders who are not able to present an officially recognised (digital) certificate as stated above are entitled to a ticket refund or they can opt for a voucher for the next edition of the festival.
However, refusal to take an intermediate compulsory test does not entitle visitors to cancellation, compensation or a refund, regardless of whether or not the person in question has a valid entrance ticket.
It is the sole responsibility and liability of every festival visitor to:
have the required documentation and certificates on them at all times;
be able to present them at the request of the event organisers;
be aware of and respect the rules in force at the festival arena
VISITORS FROM THE EU AND THE SCHENGEN ZONE
Visitors from European countries, and by extension the Schengen zone and the EER, must take into account the colour codes and the associated measures that apply in their destination country.
Festival-goers are allowed to travel to Belgium from a red zone but a mandatory quarantine must be observed as long as they cannot submit a negative PCR test, proof of vaccination or a recovery certificate.
TIP: WHEN TRAVELLING FROM ABROAD REMEMBER TO FILL OUT YOUR PASSENGER LOCATOR FORM! THIS IS ALSO COMPULSORY IF YOU’RE TRAVELLING BY CAR.
VISITORS FROM THIRD COUNTRIES
Visitors from third countries are not allowed to enter the festival.
Register your ticket online and ‘top up’ by loading prepaid ‘Shells’ into your cashless account before you arrive – this will save you loads of time at the event, so you can go straight to partying! You can also add more funds to your account at a physical Top-up Station located throughout the event or through our festival mobile app.
Once your account is topped-up, you’re ready to make purchases onsite by simply tapping your wristband to one of the payment points at the vendor stands. The amount will automatically be deducted from your account – it’s quick and easy! After the festival, we will refund the remaining "Shells”!
Ostend Beach is a cashless festival. Your ticket will be changed for your personal wristband at the festival entrance. You will need this wristband to pay for food and drinks at the festival site. Food vendors and bars at Ostend Beach only accept “Shells", the official Ostend Beach cashless currency. Before heading to Ostend Beach, don't forget to activate your personal acoount and top-up Shells.
You can ask a refund from Wed, 25 August 2021 00:00:00 CEST to Wed, 8 August 2021 09:59:59 CEST. Refund payment will be done after this timeframe. Deposits will be executed approximately 3 working days after the refund link is closed.
- free shells are non-refundable - shells that have been added to your wristband just by bringing in cups that exceed the initial number of cups that have been used by yourself (according to your orders) will not be refunded - a refund is only possible when there are more than 2 shells on your wristband due to transaction cost
To find it, just follow the signalisation of "Parking Station-Zee" from the highway. The parking is only a 300m walk to the festival area. Rates are € 1,50 per hour or € 15 per day. They have 920 available spots, so it's the only parking closeby where you will find an available spot!
1) Drugs and weapons are strictly forbidden. If we discover drugs or weapons, we will immediateley notify the police.
2) All visitors must be able to show their identification card at all time and prove they are 16. If you don’t meet the minimum age, access will be declined. Even if you have a valid ticket. Tickets will not be compensated.
3) It is forbidden to express any form of racism. E.g.: all texts, symbols, gestures and improper statements that lead to racism are forbidden !
4) If you enter the festival site there’s a possibility you will get a body search. The security can ask the owners of a ticket or a special entrance, and from the same gender as them, to subject themselves voluntarily to a superficial control.
5) If you enter the festival site you have to hand over your ticket at the entrance so it can be scanned. The ticket will be exchanged for an entrance bracelet. With that bracelet you can leave and enter the festival.
6) Own food and drinks, drugs and dangerous objects are strictly forbidden at the festival site.
7) From 01h00 on Saturday & 23h00 on Sunday the organization has the right to decline visitors, even if they have a valid ticket or a special entrance from the organization.
8) The access is declined to the following persons:
* People under the influence of drugs, alcohol or any other stimulating drug.
* People who are declined to a former festival by the organization or the administrative or judicial authorities.
* People who show to be violent due to manifest behaviour and who want to disturb the public order.
* People who resist the control and the body check by security and the local authoroties of the festival site.
* People who resist handing over their items if they are considered to be dangerous of forbidden.
* People who are in conflict with one or several articles of the house rules.
9) Visitors are only allowed in the areas permitted to the public. All other areas are forbidden.
10) Visitors that have a medical condition and have to take daily medicines, need to bring a copy of a doctor’s prescription.
11) The organization has the right to tow away any car that is wrongly parked. The organization has an agreement with the Local Police. The car will be towed away at the expense of the offender. The offender willl be verbalized by the Local Police.
12) Every visitor in possession of a ticket participates at the event at his own risk and dismisses the organization of all responsibility. The visitor agrees to every instruction the organization is imposed as part of the public order and the safety during the festival.
13) When the visitor receives a ticket, he agrees to the possibility that he/she might get filmed or photographed during the festival. These images can be registered or stored. The images can also be used by the organization to promote the event.